Easy, Comfortable Teeth Extractions In Seattle
Sometimes, a tooth can’t be fixed. In this case, extraction is the safest way to preserve your healthy smile. Some of the reasons for tooth extraction include:
- Damage from deep dental decay.
- Damage from fracture or breakage.
- An infection too large for root canal therapy.
- Overcrowding that blocks permanent teeth from erupting.
- Overcrowding that makes a smile appear crooked.
Teeth extraction is a simple process. If you need a tooth pulled, you can trust Dr. McKay and our experienced Seattle dental team to make the procedure pleasant for you.
Different Extraction Procedures
- If the tooth is visible, it can be removed with a simple tooth extraction. First, you will be numbed with a local anesthetic for lasting comfort. Dr. McKay will then gently wiggle the tooth back and forth until it becomes loose. He will then remove the tooth.
- The other form is a surgical tooth extraction. This is the right method for teeth that are broken, haven’t erupted, or have curved roots. In a surgical teeth extraction, Dr. McKay will administer a local anesthetic and an IV. He will remove the tooth piece by piece through a small opening in the gums.
Patients often find that they do not feel pain when they have their tooth pulled. They occasionally notice pressure, but no severe discomfort or problems.
Extraction Site Care
After you have a tooth pulled, you should:
- Keep gauze on the site for the time recommended by the staff.
- Eat soft foods for a day or two while you are recovering.
- Don’t smoke or rinse vigorously.
- You may take anti-inflammatory medications if you feel any discomfort.
- Use an ice compress to bring the swelling down.
We will provide you with a stress-free tooth extraction experience that puts a smile on your face. You deserve to be excited about your new and healthier smile. Call us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. McKay if you are in the Seattle area, including Edmonds and Des Moines, WA.