How Long Does It Take For Braces To Straighten Teeth?
Waiting is tough. When you are undergoing orthodontic treatment, you want your new smile today! At Advanced Cosmetic Implant and Laser Dentistry in Seattle, we understand. But it takes time to move misaligned teeth into their proper position.
Most people wear braces from 18 to 36 months. It takes longer when you’re an adult, because your jaw had finished growing and is not as malleable. That’s one reason why it’s better to correct misaligned teeth during childhood.
What conditions influence the treatment time?
- The type of braces used
- How well the patient follows the orthodontist’s instructions regarding foods to avoid
- The distance the teeth must be moved
- The amount of room available in the mouth
- The condition of the teeth
- The health of the gums and jawbone
Keep all your appointments during treatment. We will make sure the braces are working like they should. We will check the wires, springs or rubber bands to exert the correct amount of pressure on the teeth.
How to make sure orthodontic treatment is successful
Since dental appliances can be expensive, protect your investment by following all instructions.
- Have your braces adjusted on schedule
- Avoid off-limits foods (hard, sticky, or chewy foods)
- Make an appointment to have your braces repaired if something breaks
At Advanced Cosmetic Implant & Laser Dentistry in Seattle we want each patient to have straight, healthy teeth. People from Bellevue, Kirkland, and Redmond appreciate our orthodontic options. We also offer complete general dentistry. Call to schedule an appointment with us today!
Contact Advanced Cosmetic Implant & Laser Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):