5 Cavity Basics from a General Dentist in Seattle Washington
Some of the most popular dental topics discussed in Bellevue and Seattle relate to cosmetic dentistry, such as teeth whitening, dental veneers, and dental implants. However, the desire to avoid cavities is still the main reason local residents visit a general dentist in Seattle, so today the Seattle dental blog is going to highlight the 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities can also be called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged on the hard surface, tiny openings start to form. These little holes are what we call cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
- Frequent eating
- Consuming sugary or acidic beverages
- Oral bacteria
- Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should call your general dentist in Seattle today for an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions. No matter how old you are, you can still get cavities. It’s all a matter of how serious you are with regular checkups and your oral health.
5. Avoiding cavities is simple. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss twice a day, eat right, avoid snacking throughout the day, and have regular visits with your general dentist in Seattle.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Seattle area, give Advanced Cosmetic & Laser Dentistry a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Seattle since 1997. We can also answer any questions you have about cosmetic dentistry procedures such as gum contouring and smile makeovers.
Contact Advanced Cosmetic & Laser Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):