Easy, Comfortable Teeth Extractions In Seattle
Sometimes, a tooth can’t be fixed. In this case, extraction is the best way to preserve your healthy smile. Some of the reasons for tooth extraction include:
- Damage from deep dental decay
- Damage from fracture or breakage
- An infection too large for root canal therapy
- Overcrowding that blocks permanent teeth from erupting
- Overcrowding that makes a smile appear crooked
Teeth extraction is a simple process for your dentist, and a comfortable one for you. If you need a tooth pulled, you can trust Dr. McKay and his experienced Seattle dentist team to make the procedure pleasant for you.
Different Extraction Procedures
- If the tooth is visible, it can be removed with a simple tooth extraction. First, you will be numbed with a local anesthetic for lasting comfort. Dr. McKay will then gently wiggle the tooth back and forth until it becomes loose. He will then extract the tooth.
- The other form of teeth extraction is a surgical tooth extraction. This is the right method for teeth that are broken, haven’t erupted, or have curved roots. In surgical teeth extraction, Dr. McKay will administer a local anesthetic and an IV. He will remove the tooth piece by piece through a small opening in the gums.
Patients find that they do not feel pain when they have their tooth pulled. They occasionally notice pressure, but no severe pain.
Extraction Site Care
After you have a tooth pulled, you should keep gauze on the site for the time that Dr. McKay indicates. Eat soft foods for a day or two while you are recovering. Don’t smoke or rinse vigorously. You may take anti-inflammatory medications if you feel any discomfort. Use an ice compress to bring the swelling down.
We will provide you with a teeth extraction experience that puts a smile on your face. You shouldn’t have to feel stress. Instead, you should be excited about your new and healthier smile. Call us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. McKay if you are in the Seattle area, including Bellevue and Kirkland.